Single Vs Multi Niche Blog – Which Is Better And Why?
Single Niche vs Multi Niche Blog – Which Is Better And Why ?
There are number of questions asked by many bloggers when they started blogging.
– Should I blog on multiple topics or a single topic ?
– Should I make different blogs for each topic or just one blog for different topics ?
– Which is better – Single niche blog or Multi Niche Blog ?
” In blogging, Topic of your blog is known as Niche “
Here are some examples of Single niche blog :-
1. Blog Name – MOZ
Niche – Search Engine Optimization
2. Blog Name – ShoutMeLoud
Niche – Blogging, Entrepreneurship and Internet Marketing
3. Blog Name – Labnol
Niche – Technology
Before starting a new blog – The most important questions you should ask yourself is ?
– What will be the topic of my blog and what topic should i write about ?
When I talk to some of the new bloggers, I heard something like this :
“I am interested in fashion, travel, lifestyle, health and photography and i want to write about all the topics on my blog”. But this type of thinking of the bloggers is totally wrong.
So let me clear in detail about this myth :-
I want to say that this is an totally wrong approach when you are planning to make money from your blog.
If you are planning to make a blog only because of your interest in writing online and there is no secondary reason of monetizing your blog. Then you can write about any topic of your interest and can write about everything you wish.
But if you are creating a blog with primary reason of earning money or monetizing your blog, then multi niche blog is a bad idea.
Now, let me explain about this :-
Why Multi Niche Blog Is Bad In Case Of Making Money And Why Single Niche Blog Is An Good Idea ?
I already told you that if are blogging for just fun then you can write about anything on your blog. Because in this case you are not eager to get traffic on your blog, you are just writing about your interests.
If you want to earn money, then you must keep in mind that the money generated by your blog is directly proportional to the number of visitors coming to your blog.
Note : Making money from your blog is difficult but if you take a proper approach, then you can earn lot of money with the help of your blog.
Multi Niche blog is an bad idea because of the following reasons :-
1. It is very difficult to create a readership for your blog. Just thought about this, If you are interested in stuff related to technology – then what kind of blog you will subscribe to read daily updates. Obviously, you will subscribe to only those blogs having all stuff related to technology. You will not subscribe to the blog having content related to blogging, smartphones, lifestyle, fashion and relationships.
2. If you subscribed for a blog which has “Technology” as its topic and suddenly your start seeing the posts related to fashion and relationships, then will you remain subscribed to that blog ? or you will unsubscribe to it.
Surely, You will prefer to unsubscribe this blog and will subscribe to the blog which posts only about technology. So, Due to this reason many multi niche blog will not be able to hold their reader’s for a long time.
SEO Of Multi Niche Blog Will Be Tough :-
If you want to create a blog for monetization and want to earn money, then search engine optimization is the basic need. To maintain SEO of your blog, you have to focus on a single niche blog.
This is because –
Let us suppose that you are running an search engine like google, and you have to rank a blog for topic like “Latest Technology News” and You have to choose between these two blogs :-
– Blog which only contains the content related to technology.
– Blog which contains articles about fashion, technology and religions.
You will surely select the first blog to rank for the keyword “Latest Technology News”. That is why, Google ranks faster only those blogs which contains posts related to the searched keyword.
If you are interested in making multi niche blog , then you can adopt these two approaches :-
1. You can create different topic blogs on different domains.
For example – ShoutMeLoud(Blogging) and ShoutMeTech(Technology)
2. You can create different topic blogs on the subdomain of the original blog.
For example – Tech.LogicalFeeds.com and Bitcoin.LogicalFeeds.com
That’s all about Single Niche Blog and Multi niche blog. So I hope after reading this whole article, you are able to understand which type of blog is better for you – Single Niche Blog or Multi Niche Blog.